Times are trying for many people, even for me at times. For instance, whether it’s the pandemic or a demanding job, frustration and stress happens. When I’m in a funk, I need a reminder that even though times are tough, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Above all, I choose to look to the bright side when I have stressful days. For example, reading and reciting inspiring quotes of encouragement daily gets me through those moments. I came up with a list of my favorite scriptures and quotes of encouragement. Thought I could share them with you. I hope they bless you like they have for me.
- John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Psalm 72:7 – “In his days may the righteous flourish and prosperity abound till the moon is no more.”
- Daniel 10:19 – “Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!” As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, “Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me.”
- John 14: 27 – “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
- Romans 5: 1 – “Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:11 – “Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.”
- Philippians 4:7 – Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
The following are quotes by famous and influential people. You might notice that I’m a fan of Maya Angelou. Lol! Corrie Ten Boom has recently become a favorite of mine. I highly recommend you check out her work. Her story is incredible!! I recently used her quote in this blog post.
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. “- Friedrich Nietzsche
- “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lena Horne
- “If you like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
What are your favorite inspiring quotes of encouragement? Let me know in the comments. I could always use some new ones to add to my list. Btw, how cute is this romper!! I love the sustainable material and it screams summer. The links are provided in the caption, if you’re interested. As usual, I provided alternatives and plus size options. But until we meet again, God bless and be safe!