Affordable Black Owned Fashion and Hair Businesses
A couple of years ago, I had a bad experience at a nail salon. I regularly go to this nail salon every two weeks to get my usual, a gel manicure. At this visit, the nail tech was very tough on my fingers. She filed my nails and cut my finger!! As I’m preparing to pay for her services, I was charged full price!! I was in shock because I came in to relax and left with a bloody finger and unsatisfied feeling. Venting to my friend led me to find a black owned nail tech ASAP. I found one and I love her!! But I didn’t want to stop there. I found myself googling black owned natural hair restaurants, doctors, and clothing companies, for example. It’s funny how that desire to find more black owned businesses is prevalent right now. There is so much attention on black owned businesses and I’m here for it!! So I came up with a list of black owned clothing and natural hair companies that I use or plan on shopping. Of course, their items are affordable so I got you!!
- Natur-all Club – Created by Muhga Elligani, she created natural hair products that are made of natural ingredients. I’ve seen this brand on Facebook A LOT so I had to finally check them out. Y’all!!! These products are like magic!!! I use the Fresh Avocado Deep Conditioner for moisture and it makes my curls pop.
- The Mane Choice – A friend introduced me to this brand a few years back and I haven’t looked back. Created by Courtney Adeleye, products like her Detangling Hydration Shampoo and Easy on the Curls Detangling Hydration Conditioner gives my hair so much moisture which cuts my hair wash day. She also sells vitamins that promote healthy hair growth.
- TGIN – I love this brand and the founder’s, Chris-Tia Donaldson, story is inspirational as she is a breast cancer survivor. I use her Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer religiously but I don’t need it every day. Her book, Thank God I’m Natural, is considered the “Natural Hair Bible.”
- Thrift N Tell – As you all may know, I love thrift shopping. So I thought it was dope that someone has a love for thrifting start a business where you can shop her finds. This beats having to look through rack after rack.
- Glamorous Chicks Headwraps – Based in New Jersey, I came across this online store on Facebook. I still wonder how Facebook knows I love headwraps but I digress. I love her designs and use of color plus she has matching facemasks. They also have a sale right now so thank me later! 😉
- Wrap Girl Magic – I went to see a friend walk in a fashion show when I came across these headwraps. I was immediately drawn to them and had to buy one. And the business is based in Stone Mountain, GA. How convenient!! Here’s a picture of the headwrap that I still receive compliments.
- Melanin Haircare – If you have natural hair and you’re not familiar with Naptural85, then you must live under a rock. Lol! Whitney created this brand of natural hair care and it is awesome!! Once you buy her Multi-Use Softening Leave in Conditioner, you’ll want to buy several bottles.
- America Hates US – I know what you’re thinking, the name caught me off guard too. When I saw their clothing pushes the envelope regarding social injustice, I was here for it!! I love graphic tees with a message so I’m excited to try them out. Plus they donate 20% of their proceeds to organizations fighting for equal rights for Black people. I love it!
- Jamaican Mango and Lime – I love, love, love their Jamaican Black Castor Oil and give this a lot credit with my hair growth. This company also has a collection for locs and beards, so fellas, I’m looking out for y’all too.
- Newd Style – I came across this business on Instagram. I was drawn to this green dress and wanted to see more. This business has pieces for every occasion, from running errands to date night with your boo.
- Cushnie – This is a brand that I’ve been eyeing but have to love from a distance because of its hefty price. Then I found out the luxury based brand currently has an affordable collection at Target. Say what now!! You know I already have a dress in my shopping cart. Lol! If you like minimalism with color, this is for you.
- Izzy and Liv – This brand screams Black Girl Magic and I’m pleased. What took me so long to find this business?? I saw so many graphic tees, handbags, and sunglasses, I didn’t know where to start! There’s also something for the fellas.
- InsideOut – Co-created by fashion blogger, LaShoundra Young of Young at Style, I know she was going to come through with affordable fashion since that’s her motto. I wasn’t wrong! This business displays trendy yet unique pieces that isn’t normally found at H&M or Zara. I’m in love with their high waisted jeans (they’re sold out) and knowing them, they will hug your curves with ease.
These are a few black owned businesses that I love and hope you do too. If you know any more black owned businesses, please comment below. I’m always looking for new places to shop.
Thanks for stopping by!! Love y’all and be safe.
I love the wrap and plan to start supporting black owned businesses more. Thanks for giving me some companies to start with.
Thank you so much for all these references! I love Jamaica and Lime twisting products! I have been meaning to try out Melanin Hair Care as well! Definitely on my to do list!
You’re welcome!!! I think I’m going to add another list because there were so many I left out.
I began using Mane Choice last year. I have the shampoo, conditioner, oil, vitamins and serum for hair ends and another one I don’t remember. The vitamins are $25 and I was able to catch a sale at Ulta when they were $12.95. I also have black castor oil from TGIN. Thanks for the great info
Thanks for putting us on! I’ll have to check out a few of these businesses.
You’re welcome!!! I found some more companies do there will be a part 2.
fortnite v bucks generator
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to
a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!
Hey there! I understand this is kind of off-topic but I
needed to ask. Does building a well-established blog like yours
require a massive amount work? I’m brand new to writing
a blog however I do write in my diary everyday.
I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and views online.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for new aspiring
blog owners. Thankyou!
Hi!!! Thank you for finding my blog first and foremost. To answer your question, it definitely takes a massive amount of work. I’ve only been blogging for 7 months and I’ve learned so much. You have to do research once you come up with your niche. In that way, you can write about what your potential audience would be interested in. When starting your blog, I suggest you have at least 5 blog posts published. In that way, people will have an easier time getting to know you. Since you’re sharing your personal experiences, be sure to be as authentic as possible and transparent. I’m sure that won’t be a problem. Your audience will appreciate that in the long run and that builds trust with them. Learn as much as you can about SEO. This will allow people to find your blog on Google and social media. I’m still learning but I’ve learned so much as far. Most importantly, having your blog get any attention will take some time so be patient. And also remember why you chose to blog in the first place. I chose to blog to reach people who share similar experiences like myself and to help people have a stronger relationship with God and family. Once you remember your why when you’re in a rut, you will be great!! I can’t wait to see what you do. If you have anymore questions, please let me know. I’m always happy to help from one fairly new blogger to another new blogger.
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous
blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!
League Of Legends Wild Cores Generator
excellent issues altogether, you simply gained a emblem new reader. What could you recommend about your post that you made a few days ago? Any certain?|